iPayroll is extremely proud to be a pioneer in cloud-based payroll solutions in New Zealand.
With the advancement of technology many things have changed over the years but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to deliver a quality cloud-based payroll solution.
To achieve that, we have put together a great team where people learn and grow whilst they develop product to keep us ahead of the game and best of all, they have fun doing it.
We are currently seeking a motivated and committed Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing Wellington team. This is a senior role within the team and one where you will be a natural leader and mentor to others.
The primary focus of this role is to lead the research, development, maintenance, and enhancement of the infrastructure used by the iPayroll product platform. Working closely with the development and product teams you will help ensure that our mission critical SaaS platform is available, secure and future proof.
Some of what you will be doing will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with external and internal technology and platform partners to define and deliver new Infrastructure as Code components in the most efficient way, ensuring that systems running on the platform have good observability, monitoring and high availability, whilst also improving the functionality within the products on the platform.
- Exploring, researching, and working with the platform architecture team to define our infrastructure roadmap, to take full advantage of new and existing technologies such as containerisation, cloud platforms and service orientated architecture.
- Mentoring, communicating, and collaborating with the development team in ensuring high levels of system reliability, security, and availability – we are a small tight knit team.
What do we want to see in you?
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to write and update concise, accurate documentation for other developers and partners
- Ability to work within Agile development environments, especially Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- The desire and ability to mentor others and share your DevOps expertise
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in current and emerging information technologies
- Good sense of humour and a can do will do attitude
What will you need to know or have done?
- AWS or equivalent cloud infrastructure experience such as Azure or Google Cloud Compute
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Cloud Formation, Terraform and Docker)
- Linux operation and administration skills
- Solid cloud networking and secure system connectivity skills (VPC, Security Groups, etc)
- Automation and scripting skills for infrastructure build and deployment (e.g. CDK)
- Proven ability to design secure systems and apply security best practices
- Experience with using modern Git based source control systems (GitLab, etc.)
- Ability to operate, manage and build continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with the following skills would be advantageous:
PostgreSQL or similar relational database management systems
Python or similar scripting languages
Java, .NET or similar development platforms
Security knowledge, especially DevSecOps experience
Finally, why us?
We are a small team but have a big heart and a big client base. This January we clocked over 10,000 customers across New Zealand and Australia, something we are very proud of. We are also New Zealand’s leading PAYE intermediary processing gross payrolls of over $4.5 billion per year paying many thousands of employees.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve and protect the service that we offer our clients and as such, our Technology team are involved in a variety of different projects and pieces of work and often have several balls in the air. You will find yourself sharing knowledge with a team that likes to listen and likes to grow. We encourage our team to learn from each other and to take advantage of the onsite training we have available to help everyone grow.
We also don’t have layers and layers of management; we very much work together as a team and the Managing Director works in the business and is always open to ideas from those that actually do the doing. Ours is a business where your voice can and will be heard.
If this sounds like you, apply today!